[compost_tea] Aphids in greenhouse-any feedback?

From: shodovance <shodovance_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:14:56 -0000
Hey there,

We have an organic annual nursery and have had some problems with
aphids.  I'm assuming that a foliar feed with compost tea will help
out compete their food source.  I've been brewing what I am assuming
to be a mostly bacterial tea which has worked excellent, especially
for plants that have tender, large leaves.  My question is how should
I brew the tea to best combat aphids, and would appreciate any
feedback toward aphid control in a greenhouse environment.  Also I am
assuming that the use of safer insecticidal soap and or neem oil is
detrimental to the beneficial colonies.

Steve,
NW Natural Nursery

Yahoo! Groups Links