[compost_tea] pathogens

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:20:30 -0000
If they're so ubiquitous why doesn't nearly everyone get salmonellae
after eating scrambled eggs?  Ever notice the cook taking the
finished eggs off the griddle with the same spatula just used seconds
prior to stir raw eggs on the griddle for the next customer?  What is
the percentage of raw eggs which contain salmonella???I say again ACT
is not food. I was up to my elbows in ACT today and didn't wash my
hands prior to snacking. My choice right. Personal hygiene says I
should of.  I agree I should of.  Do I dump the tea?  Nope. You see I
didn't wash my hands before putting my arms in and who knows how many
pathogens I transferred from my arm to the tea.  In this food factory
lab I work in I wash my hands 10 - 15 times per shift.  Are we going
to wear sanitary gloves to process ACT? Who is going to enforce that
rule?  I could never enforce hand washing in a food plant...I tried a
few times   .. Plant managers generally don't fire people for this
noncompliance.         Dennis

Yahoo! Groups Links