[compost_tea] Re: CTTF Report

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:19:58 -0000
--- Certainly! If properly pasteurized, cooled and then refrigerated
probably not.  But after holding in warehouse and spraying  at
ambient temps no telling what would happen.  I'd look at that report
for method used and follow it. Try to differentiate the portion of
milk used as the active agent.Raw milk COULD have beneficial
microorganisms in it that outgrows pathogens present under aerobic
conditions (on the vine).. IF.......I had raw milk at home I'd sure
look into possibilities of using raw milk. BUT,  not stuttering here,
the answer is "IT DEPENDS". Microorganisms (including pathogens)
absolutely love nutrient rich products like milk,eggs, and blood.
Afterall it's nutritive without preservatives.            Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Margaret Lauterbach <melauter@e...>
wrote:
> Might there be pathogens in pasteurized milk?
>
> >   I recall here recently someone referred to spraying milk
> >products for disease suppressant I believe on grapes..USDA or Dept
of
> >Ag will be afraid of pathogens from the milk contaminating the
grapes
> >when they get wind of it.
>
> Margaret L
> Gardening in Intermountain West and Handicapped gardening
> http://www.margaretlauterbach.com

Yahoo! Groups Links