[compost_tea] Re: CTTF Report

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:57:55 -0000
--- Please let me include another IF......  (see below)

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "dkemnitz2000" <dkemnitz2000@y...>
wrote:
> --- Certainly! If properly pasteurized, cooled and then
refrigerated
> probably not.  But after holding in warehouse and spraying  at
> ambient temps no telling what would happen.  I'd look at that
report
> for method used and follow it. Try to differentiate the portion of
> milk used as the active agent.Raw milk COULD have beneficial
> microorganisms in it that outgrows pathogens

Please add a  big "IF" here...............I was reared(as a SRS
social worker informed me) on raw milk and IF pathogens were present
they treated me "well" so far..........Dennis

present under aerobic
> conditions (on the vine).. IF.......I had raw milk at home I'd sure
> look into possibilities of using raw milk. BUT,  not stuttering
here,
> the answer is "IT DEPENDS". Microorganisms (including pathogens)
> absolutely love nutrient rich products like milk,eggs, and blood.
> Afterall it's nutritive without preservatives.            Dennis
>

> In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Margaret Lauterbach <melauter@e...>
> wrote:
> > Might there be pathogens in pasteurized milk?
> >
> > >   I recall here recently someone referred to spraying milk
> > >products for disease suppressant I believe on grapes..USDA or
Dept
> of
> > >Ag will be afraid of pathogens from the milk contaminating the
> grapes
> > >when they get wind of it.
> >
> > Margaret L
> > Gardening in Intermountain West and Handicapped gardening
> > http://www.margaretlauterbach.com

Yahoo! Groups Links