Re: [compost_tea] Worms in my ACT

From: tim gross <tim1233212001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:02:23 -0700 (PDT)

A friend of mine set me up with a worm compost bin 3 weeks ago week. The compost and worms I received from him are full of what look like the same larva or insects you have. The compost smells fine and the worms seem to be fine. I took a sample to the local plant store and looked at them under a microscope. Looked like they had small legs at the front of their body. They move very quickly through the compost. She pulled some books out to identify it and found nothing to match.I have no flies coming out of my bin when I open it. I noticed the bugs in his compost months ago and he says hes never had a fly come out of his either.

deepseajb <deepseajb_at_yahoo.com> wrote:I have used a new compost for my tea, and have noticed these little
worm like things devouring the bio-film in my brewer. Is this good
or bad thanks for your input.
J.B.