Re: [compost_tea] apple scab

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 22:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff is it improbable that ACT foliar and soil drench under the trees could NOT manage scab? ACT as a soil drench under trees is a suggested mode of use is it not? What is unscientific about observing results? Yeah. Observing same results many times. Bob.

Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:
Actually, the best place to apply tea to reduce this pest would be the soil after leaf drop as the fungus overwinters there. I sure hope no one is claiming tea is responsible after only one year! Warm temperatures, dry weather are two good reasons why the "disease" would stop, so let's be careful. We need scientific studies.....

Cheers,

jeff

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT