Re: [compost_tea] Thanks for the slide explanation

From: Mike Harvey <mharvey_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:55:21 +0800
Elaine,
Do you have an update on when the manual will be available in Australia, or
is it already available?
regards Mike Harvey.

> Hi Pat -
>
> While I would love to do all this for free, and put it all on the website
for everyone to use whenever they wish, my mortgage won't pay itself.  Sigh.

> So, the manual "Compost Tea Quality: Light Microscope Methods" has
pictures galore, plus a step-by-step explanation of how to use a microscope
to do the shadowing techniques needed to see what you want to see with a
light microscope.  A bit tricky. so the manual explains how.

> The manual has pictures of bad, poor, adequate, good and excellent tea, to
go with the descriptions I sent out this morning.  Many people don't know
what fungi look like, especially the distinctions between narrow diameter
hyphae (the "bad guys"), and wide diameter hyphae (the "good guys" for the
most part).

> Most people don't know what junk look likes.  Or protozoa, or nematodes.
The pictures and explanations are all in the manual.  And I plan on having a
web page for additinal pictures, with clear explanations of what the picture
is.  But the page will only be accessible if you have a manual.

> People can of course, put pictures that they take up of their own tea up
on their own websites.

> Elaine Ingham
> President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
> SFI Corvallis, OR