Re: [compost_tea] Thanks for the slide explanation

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:38:52 -0400
Hi Pat -

While I would love to do all this for free, and put it all on the website for everyone to use whenever they wish, my mortgage won't pay itself.  Sigh.

So, the manual "Compost Tea Quality: Light Microscope Methods" has pictures galore, plus a step-by-step explanation of how to use a microscope to do the shadowing techniques needed to see what you want to see with a light microscope.  A bit tricky. so the manual explains how.

The manual has pictures of bad, poor, adequate, good and excellent tea, to go with the descriptions I sent out this morning.  Many people don't know what fungi look like, especially the distinctions between narrow diameter hyphae (the "bad guys"), and wide diameter hyphae (the "good guys" for the most part).

Most people don't know what junk look likes.  Or protozoa, or nematodes.  The pictures and explanations are all in the manual.  And I plan on having a web page for additinal pictures, with clear explanations of what the picture is.  But the page will only be accessible if you have a manual.

People can of course, put pictures that they take up of their own tea up on their own websites.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY