[compost_tea] L.Bacillus sp

From: Thomas Giannou <thomas_at_tandjenterprises.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:03:45 -0700

Elaine,

I think you will find the L.bacillus and other probiotic bacteria are facul=
ative and will live in aerobic or anaerobic conditions. At least that is t=
he claim of one of my suppliers. This is one of the component bacteria gro=
ups I add to our microbe tea brewing kit ingredients. I looked up each bac=
teria species and they all break down organic materials in the soils. I ra=
n a test or two by forcing the tea to go anaerobic and it had no detrimenta=
l effect upon the plants... young seedlings and roses that I treated. The =
plants actually did quite well after the tea was applied.

--Thomas Giannou
http://www.tandjenterprises.com