[compost_tea] liquid fertilizers

From: Daniel Fury <danielfury_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
I have read the soil biology primer, compost tea
manual (most of it anyway), and LOTS of other stuff
regarding soil biology etc.

One thing I havent been able to answer is: how are
liquid organic fertilizers ACTUALLY made available to
a plant?

I understand how solid organic materials become a home
and foodsource for the micro-organisms, but i dont
understand how the liquid fertilizers, such as guano
tea and kelp extracts, actually enters the plant.
Does the liquid guano directly enter the plant or does
the liquid provide an easy to metabolize food for the
organisms which would result in quicker nutrient
release?  I have been using guano tea's and kelp
extracts, along with amending my soil with guano, kelp
meal and dolomite lime, before I knew anything about
micro-biology and they seemed to work fine.  Now that
I apply compost tea I have seen huge improvments.
I've also burned plants by using too much tea.  That
leads me to believe the tea directly effects the
plant.  Any insight?