Re: [compost_tea] RE: [compost tea] Re: Press release

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe I'm soft headed, John. It was easy for me to accept the soilfoodweb concept from Elaine. Yes Iv'e seen it in medical field - constantly. Two close friends with cancer- lung cancer. not doing well. getting conventional chemo. immune system down, getting sick with other problems. Graviola * is a better stronger chemo by MANY times, is cancer specific is also an immune enhancer. Patients ask the doctor. doctor never heard of that quack stuff.... good bye friends. * on the net if interested. Bob

John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com> wrote:
The press release is referring to plant pathologist as "plant health scientists". This is inaccurate in my book. Just a little too much spin. What have they done for plant health really? Elaine and the relatively few other leaders we know about in the field of biological agriculture have probably done more than all 5000 pathologists put together. Ooooh, they want to change!! I'll be impressed when they start pushing non-toxic technology on all the average farmers out there. Why should "we" allow them to jump on the bandwagon before they have accomplished anything positive.

I have recently had an email conversation with a compost scientist that runs a popular lab on the East coast. He just can't see how compost tea could do much of anything for a crop. He has seen no evidence that justifies people's enthusiasm or the expense involved. It just does not make sense to him and he is very cautious about it. And he is on "our side" just like all those people running the NOP. If Jeff can make headway at this conference great but a paradigm is usually harder to crack then presenting "information" even to a willing audience. Bob, surely you have seen this similar situation in the nutritional field. I know I have.

John Cowan