Re: [compost_tea] cleaning brewers

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:53:54 EDT

What size do you want, Dennis? I like the KIS machines as easy to clean.
The Norsen brewers. Eco-brewers. Charlie Clarke brewers. Nature Tech brewers.
 EPMs. In that order.....

Bunches of one-person operation brewers on the market that have not been
tested to my knowledge for whether they do a decent job of making tea, so I'd be
careful baout them.

For those of you who were at the last ICTC meeting, remember the teas that we
were looking at with the small microscope at the demo? The Soil Soup "liquid
compost" had nothing but insect larvae and anaerobic bacteria. Doesn't
matter what the cleaning time might be, it isn't really anything related to
compost.

But the other teas - wow, they were great, huh? Lots of fungi, good
bacteria, protozoa. Good tea. Easy to see that would give you the critters you want
in your soil, or on your leaves.

Always ask for data from someone asking money from you for their tea maker.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institue Cambridge, New Zealand
Soil Foodweb Inc., Hilversum, The Netherlands
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho