[compost_tea] Re: cleaning brewers

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:21:05 -0000
---

Hello all, I want to brew 300 gallon in one setting. I've been around
the CIP(cleaned in place) systems the dairy and brewing industry
uses so may be a little spoiled come cleanup time.  I want to connect
the cleaning solution line, twist some valves and clean the system.
Don't want to do like Coors though and pump good stuff out the back
(into Clear Creek) and kill the fish!!!!Thanks. Dennis Kemnitz

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb@a... wrote:
> What size do you want, Dennis?  I like the KIS machines as easy to
clean.
> The Norsen brewers.  Eco-brewers.  Charlie Clarke brewers.  Nature
Tech brewers.
>  EPMs.  In that order.....
>
> Bunches of one-person operation brewers on the market that have not
been
> tested to my knowledge for whether they do a decent job of making
tea, so I'd be
> careful baout them.
>
> For those of you who were at the last ICTC meeting, remember the
teas that we
> were looking at with the small microscope at the demo?  The Soil
Soup "liquid
> compost" had nothing but insect larvae and anaerobic bacteria.
Doesn't
> matter what the cleaning time might be, it isn't really anything
related to
> compost.
>
> But the other teas - wow, they were great, huh?  Lots of fungi,
good
> bacteria, protozoa.  Good tea.  Easy to see that would give you the
critters you want
> in your soil, or on your leaves.
>
> Always ask for data from someone asking money from you for their
tea maker.

> Elaine R. Ingham
> Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
> Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
> Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
> Soil Foodweb Institue Cambridge, New Zealand
> Soil Foodweb Inc., Hilversum, The Netherlands
> Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
> Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links