Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: cleaning brewers

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:26:33 EDT

The Eco-Brewers are Laura Sabourin's brewers in Canada. They do a good job!
I may rank them a bit low for cleanability, since I haven't actually seen or
used one of them, just done the testing on the biology in the tea. So, anyone
with comments about their cleanability, please feel free to offer your
experiences!

When I'm in the US, I do tend to think North America. When I'm in OZ, I tend
to think OZ. Please forgive my continental limitations!

Compara is the only tea maker in Europe that makes a good product, as far as
I know. There are lots of anaerobic tea makers in Eurpoe, but they don't have
consistent or reliable results, based on the negativity that I receive back
from Europeans. That means there is a huge education process that needs to
happen in Eurpoe.

In SA, we hope to be able to start doing serious testing of all the machines
there in September, or October. The tech for the SA lab is here in the US lab
learning to do the lab work, and doing a great job. So, we'll be able to do
solid assessments on those machines soon.

For the OZ machines, you need to go to the OZ lab webpage. The link is on
the website!

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institue Cambridge, New Zealand
Soil Foodweb Inc., Hilversum, The Netherlands
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho