Re: [compost_tea] "this camp v. that camp"

From: T Dodge <tdodge_at_spiritone.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2004 10:49:23 -0700
I am sorry about the waste of words over this all.  Warring between
camps is inevitable.  Here is an image that may offer a different
understanding.

The aerated compost and compost tea has bubbled up like a volcano out
of the landscape.  Each wave or explosion of information solidifies and
vitrifies with the needs of those who need to stop investigation for
action to produce a product or service.  The soil foodweb volcano
articulates itself out and up by layering, one wave upon another,
building so that it can be seen by more people and pushed by all of our
work.  Each layer is needed and valid at a time and when its time has
passed, it offers a base for the others on which to build.

One could say that the Soil Soup, the BBC labs, Growing Solutions,
CTIA, academia are on some of the first waves and their works support
by contrast the further plumes and waves that shoot forward to regional
like Schraven's in Seattle, then international levels like ICTC and
SFI.

One could also refer back to a soil foodweb getting more complex with
simpler forms giving life thru warring to the more complex in
succession.  Predation in the business 'sea' is a reflection of this.

I do not follow the conversation but thru husband's mutterings and when
this comes up I have to jump in and toss this out.

Kim McDodge

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links