[compost_tea] TeachinfWas:soil chemistry facts

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:30:31 -0000
---Elaine I'll talk to some folks at KSU and get back. I might be
able to do some direct microscopy here in North-Central Kansas
although that's a pretty big "might" at this point cause I've only
used direct methods on Coors beer to identify beer spoilers
(Pediococcus sp, Pectinatus sp, Lactobacillus sp, and wild yeasts)
raw milk enumerating somatic cells and total counts(I thinkit was?,
It HAS been a while), and for determining ratio of rods and cocci in
mozz cheese starter. Those are all pretty interesting until they
become daily jobs!  Teaching would be CHALLENGING to say the least.
Doubt that I could get that organized these days. At this point I do
try to get more facts to the toxic chemical folks whenever I can
strike up a conversation about farming methods. Seems like teaching
soil food web concepts and showing practical applications of it
across America are necessary to move away from toxic chemical
farming. I'm sure it's not that simple, either. A teacher would need
a GOOD set of slides (or the computer generated show and tell show)to
do that though, eh?  Dennis Kemnitz

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb@a... wrote:
> Dennis -
>
> You are right, what is needed is for people to teach soil food web
concepts
> in every city and town.
>
> You ready to sign up for training to be able to do the teaching?
>
> The next University credit course will start June 27, 2005 at
Southern Cross
> University, and go 3 weeks.  Graham Lancaster and I will be
teaching the
> course.
>
> We would love to teach the same course at Kansas State University.
Who do we
> need to contact?
>
> Elaine

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor