[compost_tea] excess iron

From: Mike Harvey <mharvey_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:54:04 +0800

I have a situation where excess iron has caused the death of fish in ponds =
of fish being grown for sale.
The culprit is excess iron seeping into the pond.
What can we do with the water food web to improve the situation and stop th=
is from happening again . Or at least reduce problems.
Oxygen levels are high and water temp 13 deg C.
There have been problems with anaerobic bacteria in summer when water temps=
  are higher and oxygen becomes limiting.
These bacteria have caused the death of fresh water cray fish. in a similar=
 situation.
We plan to do some tests with the lismore lab on the water biology.
Is it usual to have fungi in ponds?
I would not have thought so since fungi usually live on land still sould be=
 interesting to have some info on it.
What sort of compost tea would be appropriate for this situation??
Any help would be appreciated.
regards Mike Harvey