[compost_tea] Re: Compost tea disease suppression

From: Steve Diver <steved_at_ncat.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:19:32 -0000
Chandra -

1.

This journal article from Scheuerell and Mahaffee
is a complete literature review, so it has a list
of journal articles on compost teas for disease control.
As you know libraries are still the common way to
access journals in print.

Scheuerell, Steve, and Walter Mahaffee.  2002. Compost tea:
Principles and prospects for plant disease control
(Literature review).  Compost Science & Utilization.
Vol. 10, No. 4. (Autumn)  p. 313 - 338.

2.

This item from Organic Farming Research Foundation,
which you can download from the web as a 51-page PDF,
has a bibliography with 88 literature references.

Organic Teas from Composts and Manures
Richard Merrill, OFRF Grant Report 97–40
www.ofrf.org/publications/Grant%20reports/97.40.10
.Merrill.Fall97.IB9.pdf

3.

Here are two research databases with web access that
you can enter keywords to find literature citations
and sometimes web pages.

The Scirus Scientific Search Engine catalogs
scientific web pages & journals grouped
under ScienceDirect (i.e., Elsevier journals).

Scirus
http://www.scirus.com

AGRICOLA is the bibliographical index from the
National Agricultural Library, the most important
electronic database for the literature of the
United States and Canada.

AGRICOLA
http://agricola.nal.usda.gov/=

Maybe you can share what you find to be
interesting among the literature citations
and research results.

Regards,

Steve Diver
http://www.attra.ncat.org

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "chandrappa_2000in"
<chandrappa_2000in_at_y...> wrote:
> Folks,
> I would appreciate it if you could suggest few journal articles
> related to the disease suppression characters of compost teas for
> vegetables and fruits.I have tried to find out through web sources, > but most of them are from Biocycle and are from farmers own
> experiences.But iam looking for some sort of scientific studies.
> Let me know if you have related links.
> Regards
> Chandra

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or