[compost_tea] Re: Spraying methods - electro static sprayer

From: t3rcattle <t3rcattle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:41:42 -0000
Anthony,

I use an electro static sprayer to spray compost tea on my pecan
trees.  It is made in Goldthwaite, TX by SNT or Southern Nut & Tree.
I have not done any tests to see how well the organisms survive.  My
production has doubled since I have been spraying the trees.
I also use the sprayer on our garden, but it is a new garden area and
I don't have any production records to compare it with.

Ken

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Quinlan" <boofq@w...>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has used an air-shear type spray machine to
apply tea to an orchard or vineyard situation. I know we have
discussed this topic of spray pressure and coverage before, but as it
is probably the most important factor after having a good compost, I
thought it should be glossed over again.

> air-shear machines pump relatively low volume, low pressure with
high velocity air thru a centrifugal fan. It is a common unit for
fungicide applications. I am concerned to the effect of such high air
speeds on the organisms.

> Any feedback would be good
>
> cheers
> Anthony