[compost_tea] Capability of sprayers WAS::::Re: Spraying methods - electro static sprayer

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 03:43:56 -0000
---Hello Ken and Bob: How are you going to determine viability of
those critters under the scope?  You might see a few in there with
tails but many(tails and/or critters) probably won't move. Seems
like it will take some specialized preparation using other than
direct microscopy.
Dennis Kemnitz in KS

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "t3rcattle" <t3rcattle@y...> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Yes, there is better coverage of all surfaces.  And the water
pressure
> is about 20 pounds.
>
> I am not sure about microbe survival.  Since I have a microscope
now,
> I will use it to test how well the microbes survive after going
thru
> the sprayer.  I will do a test next week and let you know what I
find.

> Ken
>

> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew@y...>
wrote:
> > Very interesting. Can you tell us more about the effects?  Less
> overspray?  Better coverage top and bottom of leaves, stems and
> branches  evenly covered?  Microbe survival?   It would seem that
the
> process would be better for the microbes.  Larger nozzel at low
> pressure, ACT lofted into foliage by air. slight charge takes the
mist
> to a surface rather than letting it drift away.  Or am I
overstating
> the advantages?  Bob

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here