Re: [compost_tea] Drip irrigation

From: Allan Balliett <igg_at_igg.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:23:22 -0400
Mike -

I use the Fertrell fish. Sorry, I don't know more about it than that.
I use the 'trimester' approach. I usually irrigate for 1.5 hours
every other day to get my 1inch per week. I fertilize one day a week.
I used a paint screen that I insert into a 5gal bucket to screen my
compost tea and fish and yucca. I let the system run clean for .5
hour, and then use a Mazzi injector to put the fert into the system
for .5 hours and then I let the system run clean for .5 hours. It has
been said that the yucca is what is cleaning the system, but I don't
know. I've been irrigating every other day since the end of May. I'm
using t-tape brand .45gpm tape off 12psi regulators..

I do not use phos acid to clean the system.

It is standard to replace t-tape yearly here.

Doe this help?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links