Re: [compost_tea] Digital Microscope

From: T Dodge <tdodge_at_spiritone.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:04:34 -0700
Hi mike

It has several minor problems against it:

Low power for resolving. Need the 40x X 10x=400.
No obvious iris diaphragm for contrast (shadowing) control which is
very helpful for viewing of many transparent things in AACT.

On the Plus side: if looking to see and id basic micro-arthropods it
would be OK from my novice (even though I have taken a class and
continue to use a scope it is just begging, trying to ID fungal spores
is a long training thing) view point. It looks to be more of a
dissecting microscope, so in looking at composts it perhaps would be
more generally useful. Being able to save images to e-mail is useful.

My 2 cents

Terence
On 2004, Oct 23, , at 11:21 PM, Mike Barnett wrote:

> I havent really followed the posts on magnification needed on
> microcopes for
> CT. In this context, is this item something of value?
>
> http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp?cs=p&pn=3081733
>
> I thought of the ability to save these pictures digitally, to compare,
> and
> act as  a reference, to create a library, in my case for teaching the
> young
> men around me. (after Ive done a course for CT microbial
> identification.)
>

> Mike
> JAMAICA.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor