[compost_tea] Re: Phytopathology journal article on compost tea, November 2004

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:53:59 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, butch ragland <wilddog_202@y...> =
wrote:
> Gem? Prob everyone but me knows what gem is.

http://www.composttea.c= om/nutrients.htm

Fish fertilizer is not a new idea.
It has been around for centuries. Native Americans first taught the
English settlers how to grow healthier and more bountiful crops by
placing fish under a catch of corn. Combining the Native Americans'
wisdom with today's technology has resulted in an organic soil
enhancer that is second to none.

What makes Organic Gem so Good?
Better ingredients make a better fertilizer.
We start by using only FRESH FISH - providing you with the purest
organic fish fertilizer on the market today! Our fish are deep-water
bottom-feeders - rich in over 70 trace minerals and free from harmful
coastal heavy metals. These minerals are then re-introduced into the
soil.

A superior process.
Our unique cold enzymatic process is strictly controlled for the
highest quality in FDA approved facilities. We never denature the
natural fish proteins or remove beneficial oils and collagen,
providing you with all of the best ingredients. Organic Gem starts
with material that is fresh - free from decomposition and processed
daily using sanitary methods, resulting in low odor.

Organic and safe.
Organic GemŽ is certified and listed by the Organic Materials Review
Institute (OMRI), one of the strictest organic review agencies in the
country. It can be applied with no worries to human health and will
not compromise local water supplies.

Reduces cost for other treatments.
Testing at the University of Massachusetts has shown that one can
decrease normal fertilizer applications by 25 - 50% using Organic
GemŽ.

Organic GemŽ Liquid Fish Fertilizer provides superior . . .
Plant Health
Gives long lasting results with improvements in plant color, overall
health and tremendous growth.
Soil Health
Soil qualities are improved for deeper rooting and better penetration
of water and nutrients. Unproductive soil is rebuilt and replenished.
Microbial Activity
Promotes the growth of bacteria and other organisms that work to feed
the plant as well as providing supplementary macro and micro
nutrients.
Pest Resistance
Improved plant health leads to a dramatic increase in resistance to
pests. Organic GemŽ customers report that our material even repels
deer.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
click=
 here