Re: [compost_tea] Re: Phytopathology journal article on compost tea, November 2004

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:04:27 -0700

Repels deer?

Ted Peterson
EW/SOE
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: tomjasz
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 5:53 PM
  Subject: [compost_tea] Re: Phytopathology journal article on compost tea,=
 November 2004

  --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_y...>
  wrote:
> Gem? Prob everyone but me knows what gem is.

  http://www.composttea.com/nutrients.htm

  Fish fertilizer is not a new idea.
  It has been around for centuries. Native Americans first taught the
  English settlers how to grow healthier and more bountiful crops by
  placing fish under a catch of corn. Combining the Native Americans'
  wisdom with today's technology has resulted in an organic soil
  enhancer that is second to none.

  What makes Organic Gem so Good?
  Better ingredients make a better fertilizer.
  We start by using only FRESH FISH - providing you with the purest
  organic fish fertilizer on the market today! Our fish are deep-water
  bottom-feeders - rich in over 70 trace minerals and free from harmful
  coastal heavy metals. These minerals are then re-introduced into the
  soil.

  A superior process.
  Our unique cold enzymatic process is strictly controlled for the
  highest quality in FDA approved facilities. We never denature the
  natural fish proteins or remove beneficial oils and collagen,
  providing you with all of the best ingredients. Organic Gem starts
  with material that is fresh - free from decomposition and processed
  daily using sanitary methods, resulting in low odor.

  Organic and safe.
  Organic GemŽ is certified and listed by the Organic Materials Review
  Institute (OMRI), one of the strictest organic review agencies in the
  country. It can be applied with no worries to human health and will
  not compromise local water supplies.

  Reduces cost for other treatments.
  Testing at the University of Massachusetts has shown that one can
  decrease normal fertilizer applications by 25 - 50% using Organic
  GemŽ.

  Organic GemŽ Liquid Fish Fertilizer provides superior . . .
  Plant Health
  Gives long lasting results with improvements in plant color, overall
  health and tremendous growth.
  Soil Health
  Soil qualities are improved for deeper rooting and better penetration
  of water and nutrients. Unproductive soil is rebuilt and replenished.
  Microbial Activity
  Promotes the growth of bacteria and other organisms that work to feed
  the plant as well as providing supplementary macro and micro
  nutrients.
  Pest Resistance
  Improved plant health leads to a dramatic increase in resistance to
  pests. Organic GemŽ customers report that our material even repels
  deer.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor