[compost_tea] Re: OMRI and Gem

From: Kirk Leonard <kirkleon_at_open.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:25:41 -0700
Your local USNOP nut here with a nit correction... OMRI does not "cert= ify"
materials.  They investigate raw materials and processes and "lis= t" them as
organically acceptable, for a fee.  Like most if not all other organic=
organizations, they do not assert efficacy.  Only organic operations a= re
"certified", not materials, which are either "allowed" = or not, sometimes
with restrictions.  We need to make sure compost teas are allowed.&nbs= p; OMRI
supports them, certifiers support them, NOSB has supported them.  USNO= P
needs to, too.

Thanks for the good info on fish fertilizer, in any event.

> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:53:59 -0000
> From: "tomjasz" <tom_at_livesoil.com>
> Subject: Re: Phytopathology journal article on compost tea, November 2= 004
> [snip]
> Organic and safe.
> Organic GemŽ is certified and listed by the Organic Materials Review=
> Institute (OMRI), one of the strictest organic review agencies in the<= BR> > country. It can be applied with no worries to human health and will > not compromise local water supplies.

OMRI does good work, no doubt, and can be trusted, but they don't "cer= tify"
anything.

Kirk

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or

Get unlimited calls to