Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: Tea and powdery mildew

From: ray gore <xrg22000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
Would it be safe to assume that with these results,
that maybe the results were because of these reasons
1) larger bubbles when bursting upon impact with the
compost bag released the most energy to extract the
fungi?
2) the smaller bubbles which travel faster in the
water may have broken the fungal hyphae and didnt have
the energy to make a clean extraction?
3) brewers with the heavy sludge levels extracted more
of the compost instead of containing it and separating
the fungus from the particle? From my SFI classes i
think this is reasonable.

I would think that in the last scenario if the
particle could be kept in suspension and sprayed out
without filtering and a good compost was used would be
better than the others because not only are you
getting the organisms but more food source for their
survival and insoluable nutrients extraction. This is
the same problem that Bob Norsen and i addressed
earlier this year and decided upon cone bottom holding
tanks with either recirculation or air from the bottom
for suspension.This system has been working very well
for me this year with great results.

Ray Gore
Sustainable Services Idaho
Soil Foodweb Idaho