[compost_tea] Re: G.S. I . Tea results, Hi everyone, Dr.e ,ted ,steve,thanks for the help

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:20:09 -0000

-- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "David Hall" <dchall8@t...> wrote:

> So all I'm saying is that using watering frequency as a measure
> of 'goodness' of your tea is of no value.  I could start out with a
> horrible lawn, make a tea that was simply dissolved ammonium
nitrate
> in a 2,4-d base, and make the same claim at the end of the season
> simply with proper watering management.

That judgment may be a bit over the top. Here in Las Vegas we have
seen lots of turf type fescue lawns with 2-3" root zones. As a result
we were NEVER able to skip watering days. It was also very difficult
to get sufficient watering depth without soil structure. In this
scenario using compost tea to develop a soil food web AND soil
structure CLEARLY saved water and allowed to develop the kind of
watering schedules you suggest.

Tom Jaszewski
Las Vegas

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor