Re: [compost_tea] Re: G.S. I . Tea results, Hi everyone, Dr.e ,ted ,steve,thanks for the help

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:29:18 -0900
David,

Returning microbes to the soil, most certainly increases the ability of
soil to hold water.  Micro and macro tunneling, the subway system dead
fungal hyphae create, worms, beetles, larvae....not to mention the
creation of soil structure where it is missing.....And if you have good
soil, you have organics which hold lots of water.....the microbes won't
live without the organics, so there is a double water whammy here.
These benefits do deeper as more microbes establish themselves and
roots get deeper.

Tom, seems to me we could use your write-up your results so we can get
some more validation in the literature..... :)

Cheers,

jeff l
Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada