[compost_tea] Re: Asian Rust

From: Titel Ryzhomer <thegoodjob_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:15:30 -0000

Ted,

For the umpteenth time: I have made no claims just observations.

I want no followers nor believers.

I have told you we are arranging trials.

If you check with several scientists easily found you will find out
that certain clay and rock powders serve as microbial foods just the
same (in a different way) as molasses or humic acid or fish
hydrolisate. I told you this before but you obviously did not wish
to hear it,

Just because CT or EM or WE irradicates a fungus or some malady does
not mean it acts as a fungicide the same as Vitamin C is not an
antibiotic but may help heal infections. If it appears to work then
just maybe it does.

Is all that understandable enough for you?

Titel

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson"
<ted.peterson_at_t...> wrote:
> Titel:
>
> You are making generalized statements with no proof.  You are
asserting success and then state it may be rock powders.  Why then
not just spray with rock powder in suspension?  If it is rock
powder, it isn't tea but the rock powder.  I have done this long
enough to know that it is easy to be misled and to think you have
found the mother of all inventions when there is a quite simple
explanation.  After you run your tests with the vinyards, report
that and let's see what happens.  I work with 5 different vinyards
in 5 different microclimates and have done a lot of experimenting in
addition.  In my experience, CT is not a pesticide.  Maybe someone
could add something to the tea to make it act as a pesticide but
that would be contrary to what CT is supposed to do.

benefits of CT.  If CT has any disease action, it is in coating the
leaf and plant surfaces with benificial bacteria and fungi that
outcompete the pathogens.  If you soil soak, you are adding
beneficial aerobic bacteria/fungi to help revitalize the soil.

> I didn't continue the discussion because you are making
unsubstantiated statements.  You have no testing. You haven't
replicated your results with any reliability.  I think if your tea
works as you say, it may actually be harming other beneficial
biology in the soil and on the plant.  However, I haven't had the
time to initiate a series of tests to replicate your CT so I can
test to gist of your statement. But this is kind of moot, trying to
make CT into a pesticide seems to me to be rather foolish.  There
are plenty of good things that CT can accomplish.  CT use can help
change the biology and subsequently the structure of the soil.  This
in turn allow plants to more effectively use the nutrients that are
potentially in the soil and waiting for the correct biology to
unlock them as opposed to directly feeding the plants.

> You can, of course, make any claim you wish.  You can keep doing
so and you will find believers who want it to be so and who will
repeat the claims without any testing because they want to sound
knowledgeable.  Unfortunately, I don't operate that way.  I think it
is important to be as accurate and clear as possible and not make
unsubstantiated claims.

> If you have watched eradication using CT, simply repeat the
experiment and take pictures.  You can photograph through a
microscope rather easily and if you are seeing this happen without
any magnification, you should be able to photograph the effects.

> And quite the contrary.  If you are making statements and expect
people to rely on those statements, you do need to prove them.  You
don't have to jump through hoops.  I would think you would be so
excited about what you are doing that you would be glad to undertake
the tests.  I test all the time and am doing so now for some Calif.
native plants.  If I had the time, I would conduct additional tests
on mildew.  That would mean I have to create a controlled
environment and actually induce mildew if I could.  Here, mildew
season is pretty much over.  It's too cold.

> Ted Peterson
> EW/SOE

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to