[compost_tea] Tea in the winter

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:58:16 -0800
Here it is early December and I just harvested about 4 cubic feet of
worm castings, and I have a new design of brewer to play with (the one
recently recommended by Dr. E) along with a few modifications that I
want to try.

Is there much value to applying tea in late fall/early winter?

It looks like for at least the next week we will be above freezing,
with daytime temps in the upper 40s. Obviously freezing would be too
cold, and would lead to high mortality or dormancy, but is there a low
end temp where it really isn't worth the effort?

Is there any value to foliar spraying the incredibly durable
evergreens on the property?  Or should I just stick with soil drench?

I'm going to be making the tea, no matter what the answers, it would
just be nice to know that it would actually be useful. Any Guidance
would be appreciated.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links