[compost_tea] DO meters

From: Jako Pieterse <karweyders_at_mweb.co.za>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:57:40 +0200

Hi there

I am from South Africa and I am in the market to buy a DO meter, but it is =
very confusing. So many makes and models. I can choose from the following m=
odels:
Windaus oxygen meter, including calibration vessel, spare $530
Thermo Orion Model 805A+ $730
Thermo Orion Model 810A+ $1020
Schott Multi 12 pH/conductivity/DO $1300
YSI DO 200 $525
YSI 550A $920
Do anyone recognize any of these makes and are they any good?

Range 0-20ppm (some 50ppm) - Is the 0-20ppm adequate?
Some have automatic temperature compensation - How important is that?
Some have automatic salinity compensation, others have manual.
Calibration (here is the confusing bit) some in air, some in both water and=
 air and some I could not figure out from the brochures. What is the ideal=
 calibration technique?

Can anyone please assist me in making the right choice?

Regards
Jako Pieterse