Re: [compost_tea] Re: Simple is best

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:32:58 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tim Kiphart
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 11:39 AM
  Subject: RE: [compost_tea] Re: Simple is best

  Wrong wrong wrong!!! Blanket statements.

  I have produced excellent compost from grass clippings and oak leaves (Q.=
 Shumardii). Deep brown, humus laden, earthy-smelling, and full of worms. =
 Add water, turn...No Big Deal, took about 12 mths. Looked great, worked w=
ell, ALL with little effort.

  Ted, you really could treat the ListServe with a tad more respect...your =
continual condescending tones, and overly opinionated snipes do get quite o=
ld.

Reread my post. I mentioned that if you had about a year, there would be n=
o problem. However, most people don't have 1 year to develop a compost pil=
e and need to get it done faster in the 3 to 4 month period. In three to f=
our months it is rather hard to get purely green greenwaste to compost. I'=
m not saying it's impossible just difficult compared with using manures or =
starter compost or something to give the N boost you need.

If you don't like my posts, please stop responding or reading them. All yo=
u need to do is highlight my posts and hit the delete button then delete fr=
om your deleted files. It's simple.

Ted Peterson
EW/SOE