RE: [compost_tea] BEHAVIOR

From: Bobbie, Hugh, Marley & Hoebie <hri7064_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:58:57 -0800

Jeff,

Thank you for addressing the behavior on this list. Since joining a
couple of weeks ago, I've been surprised by how some members address
others. I would like to share a couple of things my mother taught me
that may help.
1. Treat everyone with respect. Quite simply that means treat others
the way you would like to be treated. The golden rule.
2. It's not so much what you say but how you say it. Think about 1.
above.

I think we all need to question but we should stick to facts not make
judgments/condemnations. We need to remember that science is
provisional. If I'm misinformed please educate me but please don't
label me ignorant in the process.

Below is something I borrowed from the Rural Heritage web site
(www.ruralheritage.com)

* Discuss - to present your side of an issue.

* Debate - to offer facts backing up your beliefs.

* Argue - to attack another person's point of view.

* Fight - to attack another person.

All who wish to discuss and debate, but avoid arguments and fights, are
welcome here.

Hugh