Re: [compost_tea] basic questions

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:36:11 -0800 (PST)

"Is ACT mining the soil at a slower pace than using other means such as chem?
Butch - a question that needs deep study to find accurate answer. Would compost return more of what is removed with crops? I would think so. ACT is made from the same general stuff as was removed then much but probably not all of what is removed is returned. If you return more by returning compost as well as ACT, as the plants grow they also deposit some of what they take from the air. If kelp is added and hunic acid - If the nutrients of food are returned some day we will learn to do that - Earth will last a long time. Will it ever wear out? The outlook is that the sun will change. The distant future is not bright. I think we need to enjoy life now with all the care we can give our lovely EARTH. Bob

butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Tks Bob, about peacemaking. My simple view is that ACT
has the potential to feed a world that seems
determined to destroy mother earth. If there is any
validity to that statement then any thing that
detracts from pursuing positive goals needs to brought
back to the middle of the road.

Forget whether its easy or even economical. Does a
area need or require more than ACT. Is growing with
ACT mining the soil only less damaging than a plow and
chemical fertilizer. Is the growing area being built
up along with producing some produce.

=====