Re: [compost_tea] basic questions

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:52:29 -0800 (PST)
In this area many farmers lime fields with large
trucks (don't know what it cost). Could the type of
equipment used for hydroseeding be used to spray a
compost slurry. In my minds eye this slurry would have
an amount of compost tea calculated to add a good
start to proper soil biology. This could not cost more
than the lime, fertilizer, pesticide, herbicide and
who knows what else that goes into the cost of "modern
agriculture".

Even though ACT will not provide everything needed it
should be an integral part of growing systems.

--- soilfoodweb_at_aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words, Butch.
>
> Compost tea can be used by itself, but by itself,
> tea would  take a LONG time to move a system from
> desert to productive.  Using compost, additives to
> the tea, and plants, to increase speed towards the
> soil-building goal will definately help.
>
> --
> Elaine Ingham
> President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
> SFI Corvallis, OR