RE: [compost_tea] basic values

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:12:47 -0800 (PST)

Butch, not just how to feed your grand kids, how much micro nutrient content in the food? Reading recently just as important to know how the vegies and fruit were fed as how much vegies and fruit should we eat. Some of our List are expert on this subject. I wish they would contribute. Until the customers realize the value and demand organic we will get chemical from most major producers. Still the farmers are finding organic is better for them so they will help make the change. Starting with the market farmers and smaller farms. .

butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Yes, I was thinking of cutting out a second step of
adding the tea. Also to cut down on the compaction
caused by the trucks in the field.

I'm very aware of the both hydorseeding and mulch
spreading. I sold product to both markets and looked
into buying the mulch spreading machine. Decided
against because it would put me in competition with my
customers.

I was thinking about the value of organic matter in
the ornamental landscape at that time. My interest now
is how will my grand children be fed.

I can see several ways this concept could be applied
on small and large operations. As much as I hate large
corporate farms, they are a fact of life and a
combination of small and large is necessary to feed
us.

--- "Bobbie, Hugh, Marley & Hoebie"
---------------------------------

http://organic.tfrec.wsu.edu/compost/ImagesWeb/CompApp.html
> for images.
> Is your thought with the slurry to save a step (i.e.
> cut out a soil
> drench with compost tea following compost
> application)? If so, have
> you thought about using a liquid manure spreader?
> They are set up to
> uniformly broadcast a slurry with a single operator.
>
> Hugh

=====
Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as