[compost_tea] Re: pear trees/ worms

From: Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:17:40 -0000

Be certain you are developing an entire program not just a tea
spaying program. Many of us have found that simply converting to
compost extracts may not produce repeatable results.

Get some more info from the fruit growers posting as to their
fertilization, companion planting etc.

tomj

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "w.reece speas" <wrspeas@y...>
wrote:
>         I sprayed some compost tea 4 times through the season on a
pear tree this last season that is about 35 years old maybe older
that has been sprayed chemically faithfully for as long as this lady
can remember, this year the leaves were greener they stayed on longer
size and shape were perfect not a blemish on any of them , her words,
she was very happy untill she cut into them evidently a little worm
went down inside along the stem from the top could someone maybe
point me in the right direction for what else i could have done for
her for the bugs there was no indication there was a problem until
then , we are looking at spraying earlier  this year she is going to
let me spray her apples to.
>         any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Reece