[compost_tea] Re: Re: kickers and mixers - activation

From: Kirk Leonard <kirkleon_at_open.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:37:31 -0800
Another twist to try... I recently did an experiment comparing baby oat
cereal and Scottish oats for fungal activation of four different composts,
including Alaska Humus.  In all instances, the Scottish oats did better, so
it might be worth trying for those who activate with oats.  They are the
least processed oat product I am aware of and they also cost a lot less than
baby cereal and a good bit less than oat flour.  The "Scottish" part refers
to the processing method, I believe, not that they come from Scotland.  I
would not be surprised if they were available as an organic product.
Jeff -- have you tried these?  If not, would you, and let us know what you
find?

Kirk

Yahoo! Groups Links