[compost_tea] Meanderings & Nomenclature

From: Kirk Leonard <kirkleon_at_open.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:49:11 -0800
Kick back Friday, looking at lots of ct posts and NOSB materials, waiting
for feedback on a comment, couple unrelated but relevant things occur to me,
so I'm meandering.

Someone in the digests today used the acronym NCT for non-aerated compost
tea, I think.  Could we abbreviate that NACT?  NCT is more like "not compost
tea" to me.  NACT and ACT could be a good dynamic duo, like protozoa preps
for tea.  Based on recent and past dialogues, there should be beneficial
combinations possible there.

And speaking of not compost tea, I think I found a great but totally subtle
flipping of USNOP attitudes about tea embedded in the CTTF report, in which
"Manure Extract" is defined - a true raw manure preparation - distinctly
separate from compost teas, which turns NOP's desire to define compost tea
as raw manure on it's head, as it well should be.  Was this a breakthrough
or what?  How's that for a sentence?  Or sense?

I don't want to build this up too much but I'm gonna loose a comment to USDA
and NOSB on compost tea certification standards soon which I'll also post
here - it might be the only new comment you hear that USDA got, unless
others post.  I hope we can bat it around,  I hope both Steves will
participate - there may be more Steves here but I'm thinking of Diver and
Scheuerell, who recently signed on, and as I understand it was the principal
author of the CTTF report, which is a quality document, and I hope he'll
speak up too.  I also hope I don't piss Diver off again.

Kirk

Yahoo! Groups Links