Re: [compost_tea] oxygen

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim - If you find H2O2 a poor solution to near Anaerobic conditions - depending on the size of your system here are some ideas I have used.
!.) Dump a tray of ice cubes Lower temp will increase O2 solubility and slow amarous activity of the critters. They will use less O2.

2) Put your vac cleaner on blow. Insert the extension pipe into your brewer. A Vac on blow will deliver about 30 cfm 36" deep. It will nearly double the air required to aerate a brewer up to 1000 g. If you are in the 5 g range be a little careful. It will blow the water out of your system.

3.) If you are operating a BobO system, and choose not to do the above, remove the chamber,
insert thr aerator only, deep in the tank.

4.) Have a standby air source and aerator system that can go deep in yout brewer tank. The added air will be enough to prevent going into anaerobic conditions. This extra air will cost less than dinkin around with H2O2 that offers questionable results.

>From practical Bob
jim allAn <jallan6977_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

I know I have asked before but please understand I had a problem
with my system and lost all probable responses.
Not that I am seriously considering it, but would it be possible
or practical to add Hydrogen Peroxide to a tea brew one expects is
going anaerobic. I am sure you all know that h2o2 is no more than
oxygen and water. Adding it would increase the oxygen content of the
brew. Sure it is known to kill pathogens, but that is due to oxygen
allowing the good critter to keep the bad ones from multiplying. It
shouldn't hurt anything else.

Yahoo! Groups Links