Re: [compost_tea] Thoughts on peer-review

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:50:45 -0800 (PST)
Understand that I'm not disagreeing with anyone. But,
even if I don't follow precisely your or anyone else's
directions and I get positive results and report those
results from my ACT then that can be added to the
total weight of ACT as a useful thing to do. Don't
roar off on a long explanation because my compost and
my tea produced positive results. Add my results to
the total positive results and you have accumulated
knowledge. If I don't know exactly what I did and no
one can figure out what I did does not disprove my
results. The value of my results may be so small as to
have little real value. But, enough small drops of
water will fill up the bucket.

Darwin wrote his book and others went into the field
and began to report various information. Finally the
total weight was great enough to prove that his
theories had validity. At this point, the weight of
results convinces me that ACT works.

Specific results may or may not be available but it
seems to me that the total weight of positive results
is sufficient. Microscope work will give one
information, double blind test will also. Each will
prove and disprove things and add to the total weight.
At some point things will come up that change
radically the direction. ACT is on an evolutionary
path as all science is, Darwin knew the big picture,
others filled in the blanks. This list and other's
work is filling in the blanks.

Attacks and counter attacks do not move the process
forward.

> When people do not follow directions, when they
> refuse to do the minimal
> biological testing required, when they can't even
> bother to test the  compost, or
> the compost tea they are using, to make sure the
> biology is  present, and

=====
Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as