[compost_tea] Brewing time for soil applications only

From: Jon H <handy_at_swko.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:24:50 -0000

I was wondering if the brew length could be shortened if you are only
using the tea for soil application.  I am re-reading my notes on the
class Elaine and Arden gave in december.  In my notes I have written:
For soil, extract and brewed is about the same.  Since I have
probably gotten most of the microbes off the compost in 6 hours and I
have the nutrints in the water, why not put the tea out there and let
the microbes use the food while in the soil?

I ask this because this would allow me to run 3 brew/day instead of
one brew/day.  I never worry about foliar diseases MUCH in my dry
climate.  Since I am mainly interesed in the soilfoodweb anyway,
would this make sense or am I missing something?

Jon

Yahoo! Groups Links