Re: [compost_tea] Brewing time for soil applications only

From: Jon Handy (1) <"Jon>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:55:08 -0600

Good point John,
But also consider this, if I have 2000 acres to get over with tea.  I = brew1500 gal./day.  That allows me to put 3x as much nutrients and 3x = as much premature (my word for not brewing 24 hrs) tea over all my land.&nb= sp; Now if I had 100 acres only I would of course brew 24 hours because I c= ould get over that 100 acres a number of times during the season.  I d= o see where maybe you have up to 10x the numbers in the tea by brewing long= er may actually be better than putting out tea with low numbers

Everyone has a different situation and it was a thought of ways to maybe im= prove the amount of not only microbes but also nutrients from the tea in a = quicker time frame.  Especially at the beginning of the season.  =

Thanks to all who replied.
Jon