RE: [compost_tea] Re: Brewing time for soil applications only

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:41:24 -0800 (PST)
Deal with the question with these assumptions.

The area has good or adequate biology and it is
normally aerobic.

We feed this area exactly like a tea except no
brewing.

Will the food increase the biology.

The question is not, is this the fastest way to
increase biology. The question is will it increase or
have little or no effect.

--- "Bobbie, Hugh, Marley & Hoebie" <hri7064_at_msn.com>
wrote:

> Dennis, Butch, others.....
>
> I think I'm missing something here.  Don't we have
> to get to the point
> were conditions in the soil will support microbial
> "growth"?  It's my
> understanding that a lot of microbes live for a very
> short period.  If
> they aren't "growing" enough to replenish themselves
> how can they be
> there long enough to be a benefit?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hugh