Re: [compost_tea] Brewing time for soil applications only

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:01:53 -0700
The question is why wouldn't it feed the soil!! Of course, it will.

Have you applied compost tea and found no effect? Or are you just
wanting to talk theoretics?

Every situation is different. Obviously, you think that you could
improve your situation or else you would just keep applying compost as
you have been doing and be happy with that.

Have you assessed the quality of your plants in any quantitative way?
Have you tried tea or "foods" around any of your plants? Was there any
change? Even the best question asked only gets you so far with this
practical type of subject. You need to keenly see what is going on in
the soil, the plants, insect populations (careful observation). You need
to "look", test and then contemplate what it all means. There are many
things to see about how a plant grows and develops. My joke is that if a
plant is green and it grows it's healthy. Simple concepts demean the
complex world we live in.

John Cowan