RE: [compost_tea] Milk and powdery mildew...

From: Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:19:12 -0800

The beans should have been sprayed with some frequency given the potential
fro increased disease pressure. Now that the PM has settled in, and I get
the impression it’s quite prevalent, some least toxic solutions might bet=
ter
serve you.

M-Pede at 1 gal/50 gal water is registered on strawberry for soft-bodied
insects and has shown good activity against powdery mildew on several other
crops. 12-hr reentry.

AQ10 at 0.5 to 1 oz/A plus a mineral-oil-based surfactant. Active ingredien=
is a fungal hyperparasite, Ampelomyces quisqualis. Use at least two
sequential sprays 7 to 14 days apart. Apply during early evening or morning
when humidity and/or leaf wetness are high. Ineffective as a standalone
treatment or if symptoms of powdery mildew are present. Not compatible with
certain fungicides such as sulfur and soaps. 4-hr reentry

Bicarbonate-based products. Might supplement a normal program when powdery
mildew is first observed. Do not mix with acidifying agents. Thorough
coverage is essential. Easily washed off by rain, so reapplication is
necessary. 4-hr reentry. O

a. Armicarb 100 (85% potassium bicarbonate) at 2.5 to 5 lb/100 gal
water.
b. Kaligreen (82% potassium bicarbonate) at 2.5 to 3 lb/A.
c. Remedy (by Bonide) is registered for home use.

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/bakingsoda.html

Once again attar to the rescue…..I believe this formula was tested and da=
ta
posted by the ISA…

“The P. Allen Smith Gardens website advises mixing 1 heaping tablespoon o=
baking soda, 1 tablespoon of dormant oil, and ½ teaspoon of insecticidal =
or
dish soap in one gallon of water as a PM spray. Stating that plants should
be well hydrated prior to spraying, this source recommends irrigating a
couple days in advance”

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential,
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto)
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original
and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.