[compost_tea] Re: continuous brewing

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:42:12 -0000

---Hello Bob, You have lots of variables there Bob. A brewery I know
of, used to run a filler for a maximum of 72 hours between cleaning
and steam sanitation. In other words the cold filtered non-
pasteurized product started changing beyond what the owner wanted to
ship within that time frame. Of course they didn't want bio-
diversiity!Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew@y...> wrote:
> Jeff the description you asked for, CACT, will run a few
paragraphs maybe a page or more.  The system will work with any
brewer so it isn't an ad for one brewer.  I can describe the theory,
testing and results.  When and fr what use it might be most useful.
I can reply about mid week?

> CACT is, as is all brewing, extraction first, followed by
incubation. The CACT cycle includes both just as in the conventional
cycle.  Bob

> Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_g...> wrote:
>
> Bob and others: Could you please explain a bit more the theory and
> testing behind the continous brewing system....what do you call
> it---extraction?
>
> How do the numbers in the tea compare to an ACT made over a
standard 12
> or 24 hour period?
> What happens to bacterial slime during the process?
> How do the fungi grow and what diamters do you get?
>
> I am not asking in a contentious way, I know you have done tests
and I
> am trying to figure out if this is the next evolution of tea
making or
> if it is just another great way to pull good microbiology out of
> compost?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff
>
> Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row
for the
> Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor