Re: [compost_tea] continuous brewing

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:20:04 -0800 (PST)

Jeff the description you asked for, CACT, will run a few paragraphs maybe a page or more. The system will work with any brewer so it isn't an ad for one brewer. I can describe the theory, testing and results. When and fr what use it might be most useful. I can reply about mid week?

CACT is, as is all brewing, extraction first, followed by incubation. The CACT cycle includes both just as in the conventional cycle. Bob

Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:

Bob and others: Could you please explain a bit more the theory and
testing behind the continous brewing system....what do you call
it---extraction?

How do the numbers in the tea compare to an ACT made over a standard 12
or 24 hour period?
What happens to bacterial slime during the process?
How do the fungi grow and what diamters do you get?

I am not asking in a contentious way, I know you have done tests and I
am trying to figure out if this is the next evolution of tea making or
if it is just another great way to pull good microbiology out of
compost?

Cheers,

Jeff

Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Links