Re: [compost_tea] My compost

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:29:18 -0800
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:40:37 -0800, Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net> wrote:
> Fungal
> counts are probably low but without seeing the pile, we can't be sure of
> that.

I would have thought the opposite. Being left to just sit around for
five years should give the fungi plenty of time to grow and get to
work on the tough old bits.

Isn't that why old-growth has such high fungal numbers?

> very funny South Park show is about stopping Walmart by killing it's heart.
> I live in a small town and we are fighting to keep one out.

It really isn't all that small, because it isn't that far from SLO.

You would not believe how thrilled most people are in remote areas
when a wally opens less than an hour away. They are kinda like dumps
and prisons, people want them, they just don't want them right next
door.

What is real funny is listening to someone who has lived in San
Francisco their whole lives ranting about walmart destroying small
town life, to a pro walmart person that has lived in outside a small
town for their whole life. I'm not fond of wally, but it seems to be
for totally different reasons than most other people.

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links