Re: [compost_tea] My compost

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:45:30 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Anderson
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 11:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [compost_tea] My compost

  On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:40:37 -0800, Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net> w=
rote:
> Fungal
> counts are probably low but without seeing the pile, we can't be sure o=
> that.

  I would have thought the opposite. Being left to just sit around for
  five years should give the fungi plenty of time to grow and get to
  work on the tough old bits.

If the compost was adequately cared for, kept moist and turned once in a wh=
ile, there may be fungal growth. Moisture is key. If it was just left to s=
it and moisture was low, probably low fungi. Like I said, I really can't t=
ell without looking but would assume low fungi given the information provid=
ed by Jack.

Ted Peterson
SOE